Augmented Reality Pervading Theme at the TapSense & AT&T ‘Hacker Bus’ Hackathon
Winning Team’s App ‘Game of Suits’ Claims $10,000 Ad Spend Prize San Francisco, CA - November 12th, 2014 - TapSense, the leading independent mobile ad exchange, today announced the winner of its 2014 Hacker Bus hackathon. Hackers traveled from San Francisco to the GDC Next conference in Los Angeles for the four-day event. Supported by key partners from AT&T, Nvidia, Women Who Code, and Pocket Gamer, the TapSense Hacker Bus was a pilot initiative to foster relationships with digital publishers and promote mobile app and game development. Thirty-five of the nation’s top mobile developers assembled into various teams to impress the esteemed list of judges, including:
- Alex Donn, Developer Evangelist, AT&T Mobility
- David Coombes, Developer Program Manager, Nvidia
- Alaina Percival, CEO, Women Who Code
- Chloi Rad, US News Correspondent, Pocket Gamer
- Tobiah Marks, Game Evangelist, Microsoft and more
- 1st place: Game of Suits (created by Amar Chitimalli) Unique game play that is fun and addicting, Game of Suits offers an immersive turn-by-turn “Match 3” experience with elements from poker.
- 2nd place: #Selfie #Snap #Adventure!!! (created by Angelo Hizon, Yuping Zhang, and George Katsaros) A fast-paced Google Cardboard, iOS, and Android adventure photography game where it’s always time for selfie.
- 3rd place: Platonic Solids Experience (created by @Yosun) Discover the properties of platonic solids in a magical and intuitive way using augmented reality. Learn by playing geometric counting games on vertices, faces, and edges.