At TapSense, safeguarding our customers’ user data and upholding privacy is our highest priority. We have implemented strict operational policies to ensure compliance with US and EU data privacy laws and we also work closely with our customers to comply with their individual enterprise level data privacy policies.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, TapSense commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact TapSense at firstname.lastname@example.org
TapSense has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
TapSense is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. TapSense complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, TapSense is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, TapSense may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
End User Opt Out
You can opt-out from being included in TapSense services by sending an Opt-out request to email@example.com. Please include your device ID (IDFA for Apple/iOS devices) and (Android ID or Google AID for Android devices) in the email. Please allow up to 7 business days for the request to be processed and deployed across our system.
Resetting Device IDs
- Apple’s iOS IDFA can be reset by the user at any time. Users can opt out of all remarketing by enabling a device setting called “Limit Ad Tracking” (LAT), which restricts advertisers from using the IDFA for behavioral advertising. You can learn how to limit ad tracking on your iOS device or to reset your IDFA here: IDFA Opt-Out.
- Similar to IDFA for Apple devices, Android devices pass Google Advertising ID, which provides the same type of device-specific, unique, resettable ID for advertising as Apple IDFA or IFA. You can learn more about how identifiers on mobile are used for advertising and receive instruction for how to opt out of mobile advertising on the Google Privacy & Terms webpage.
Section One: End User Information
The information we collect
When you interact with a website or app that uses the TapSense Services, we may collect information about your device and the ads you view or click. The TapSense Services are designed to avoid collecting information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, or email address, but the information we collect does enable us to recognize your device over time. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), applications using the TapSense Services and the version of such applications, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer).
- Log information, including the app visited, session start/stop time, time zone, and network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular).
- The geo-location of your device (using GPS or other geo-location data), when location services have been enabled for the mobile app or website that uses the TapSense Services.
- Information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser’s website or purchased the product or service advertised.
- Information that TapSense Customers and other third parties have collected and share with TapSense, such as information about activity in their services. This may include the content you view or searches you made, the language you prefer, or other non-personally identifying demographic or interest information, to help make the ads served to you more relevant.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide and improve TapSense Services, including for the following purposes:
- Serving ads: Allowing publishers to offer advertising inventory in their mobile apps and websites, and advertisers to bid on and fill that inventory.
- Ad Reporting and Conversions: Reporting to advertisers information about when and how users have been exposed to their ads, clicked on their ads, or visited their website, and reporting to publishers information about when and how ads were shown on their properties and were clicked on.
- Frequency Capping: Preventing users from seeing the same ad too many times.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protecting TapSense and TapSense Customers from fraudulent behavior.
- Interest-Based Advertising: Allowing TapSense and TapSense Customers to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their app and website activity and inferred interests.
- Geo-Targeting: Where permitted by the user’s device, allowing TapSense and TapSense Customers to serve ads based on a user’s location.
- Providing and Improving Our Services: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our Services and develop new services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
How we share the information we collect
We share the information we collect to provide and improve TapSense Services, as follows:
- We share with advertiser customers information so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best ad for that device. TapSense Customers are obligated to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about the use of our Services with TapSense Customers. For example, we provide advertisers reports showing how many users viewed or clicked on their ads. We also provide publishers reports about the types of ads served to their apps.
Your iOS mobile device may provide a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. On Android devices, your settings may allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads.” When you have opted out using this setting on a device, TapSense will not use in-app information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeted based on your inferred interests. TapSense requires its advertising customers to honor opt-out preferences expressed using these controls.
TapSense does not knowingly allow the Services to be used to create interest-based profiles of, or serve ads to, users under 13 years of age.
Section Two: Data Collected from TapSense Customers and on TapSense’s Website
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: To improve our website, we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. To improve customer service, your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. To process transactions, your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.tapsense.com
Section Three: General Information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Confidentiality and Security
TapSense has implemented reasonable security measures in order to protect both personal and non-personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Compliance with Local Privacy Laws
We are aware of the differences between US and EU mobile user data privacy requirements. As per our customers’ needs by different countries, we provide our modified frameworks that turn off collection of data that might breach local privacy laws.
535 Mission St. Floor 14
San Francisco, CA 94105 USA