As TapSense’s Accounting Manager, you’ll be the gatekeeper for all transactions entered into our accounting system. You’ll assist us in building analytical tools to track budgeted vs. actual results and standardize our accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting to support our growing startup.
- Perform all general ledger functions: revenue recognition, accounting for prepaid expenses, short and long term investments and accrued liabilities, inventory tracking, depreciation and amortization, equity, and interest income and expense
- Oversee TapSense’s routine data processes: cash reconciliations, accounts payable, publisher payments and payroll, ensuring all transactions are recorded timely, coded to the proper account and classified properly
- Drive the monthly close process to facilitate timely reporting of budgeted vs. actual results, including performance and/or review of TapSense’s reconciliations of accounts payable, payroll, publisher payments and other recoverable activity
- Process employee expense reimbursements, including transaction monitoring and monthly reconciliations
- Ensure accurate and timely tax filings and payments to Federal, State and Local tax agencies
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review with out executive team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Stellar communication, presentation, meeting facilitation and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Proactive, positive, self-starter attitude and ability to work independently with minimal direction/guidance
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously meeting company goals and deadlines
- In-depth knowledge and direct experience working with accounting systems (any one or more of: Oracle, NetSuite, Quickbooks, Xero, …)
- In-depth knowledge and direct experience working with payroll processing systems (any one or more of: ADP, Paychex, SurePayroll, …)
- Strong desire to tackle new challenges and projects with enthusiasm
- Ability to survive and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Familiarity with Xero, Bill.com and Expensify
Compensation and Benefits:
You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You’ll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference.
TapSense is the leading independent mobile advertising exchange, and has been featured in publications including Forbes, Bloomberg, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOM, CMO.com, MediaPost, Entrepreneur and AdExchanger. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, investors include top Silicon Valley venture firms, Ron Conway’s SV Angel and Maynard Webb, a board member of Salesforce and Yahoo. TapSense was named one of the 2014 AlwaysOn Global 100 Companies to Watch, and is a member of the Mobile Marketing Association.