We process terabytes of data and make hundreds of code changes monthly. Ensuring the smooth operation of our core system is essential to our success.
TapSense is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join its San Francisco based team. The Technical Support Engineer will be a customer-focused individual responsible for handling day-to-day customer, partner support and technical integration activity. They will have exceptional technical aptitude, with precise written and verbal communication skills and find it easy to speak to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
Founded by engineers and dedicated to building breakthrough products. Only A+ players need apply.
- Work on a scalable cloud infrastructure that maintains thousands of concurrent connections
- Establish cloud server monitoring processes
- Develop and scale our internal analytics infrastructure
- Improve our deployment processes, including scripts
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure services are secure and meet future requirements
- Leverage the cloud for disaster recovery and test exercises to restore all operations in a timely manner
- Administer information systems infrastructure monitoring and analysis tools and processes for service performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
- 2+ years experience delivering infrastructure architecture, design and operational excellence.
- BS, MS, in Computer Science or equivalent, Ph.D. a plus
- Strong communicator and great team player
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting service infrastructure.
- Experience using a cloud infrastructure. Provisioning, deployment, monitoring, and configuring with AWS cloud is a plus.
- Experience with indexing, tuning, upgrading versions of a NoSQL database. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience using popular cloud server tools
- Excellent scripting skills and capabilities. Familiar with LAMP technology stack. Knowledge of messaging queues is a plus.
- Experience designing a failover safe system – experience with Load Balancer, DNS server are a big plus.
- Experience in cross-platform development, network protocols, and platform security.
Compensation and Benefits:
You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including an equity component and excellent benefits. You’ll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, clear objectives and the ability to make a difference.
TapSense is the leading independent mobile advertising exchange, and has been featured in publications including Forbes, Bloomberg, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOM, CMO.com, MediaPost, Entrepreneur and AdExchanger. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, investors include top Silicon Valley venture firms, Ron Conway’s SV Angel and Maynard Webb, a board member of Salesforce and Yahoo. TapSense was named one of the 2014 AlwaysOn Global 100 Companies to Watch, and is a member of the Mobile Marketing Association.